Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Work Related

So, I'm back home from vacation, and it was definitely a good one. We only had bad weather on one day, and we were planning on doing inside activities that day anyway (it was Sunday, if you're wondering). And it was exactly what I needed: a nice relaxing week away from everything, no need to worry about the "real world." But that kicks in tomorrow.

Oddly, even though I'm working at least the next 6 days, I'm pulling closes on 5 of them. And I'm not complaining. The closing shift is my favorite where I work. You don't have to run to the bank. There's a chance you may get out a little early, but there's no chance that you'll get sent home early, losing hours. You get other management help until an hour before the store closes, which helps me learn more from that other manager (I'm the "freshest" with the store). The funny thing is that the other managers think I'm weird for wanting to close. Honestly, I like sleep, but can't fall asleep before a certain time. My body just doesn't let me. And, when I go out to the bars or what-not for the night, the one I hit up is on my way home from work, and the "crowd" hits there around 11. We get done around 10. And probably the most important thing, I don't stress out when it comes to closing, which actually benefits me. When I stress out about something, trying not to miss something, I'm almost always guaranteed to miss something. When I'm not stressed, and I know what I'm doing, like with closes, I almost always get a perfect close out of my people. And, to add a bonus, I'm really figuring out where people like to be, even if they don't tell me, and where my crew works the best, even if it's not their personal best position.

Enough of that teary-eyed stuff, and on to a good update. Now that my shipment has come in, I'm done with high fructose corn syrup. And thank god, too. That stuff is like kerosene. It just sits in your arteries. I can do without that. However, I'm not cutting sugar completely out yet. Switching to diet sodas and Splenda just doesn't do it for me. But, with the cutting off completely of the corn syrup, it'll be a start. Ween, don't withdraw. Withdraw can only lead to bad things.

Oh, and I may have my first DJ gig. I just have to see if the one manager will switch shifts, though I don't know if that will happen.

C. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment