Friday, April 30, 2010

DJ Equipment, Lesson 1

So, from time to time, I will be learning valuable lessons from using my DJ equipment, whether I'm at a gig, or just screwing around with the equipment at home. I will be sharing these lessons via my blog. Today, I just learned my first lesson:

Always have back-up fuses.

Now, this may seem like it's common sense, but the amps run on fuses, which I didn't know. I was messing around, having it hooked up to my TV for when I play Rock Band or listen to music (and it's awesome. Didn't even have it at 1, and it felt like it was too loud). I got through 2 songs on Rock Band, and something blew out. I thought it was a speaker, because the one should be re-soldered. Turns out, the amp has a fuse spot that just had it blown. Time for a trip to Radio Shack!

C. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment