Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Damn Trees!

Well, in continuation from yesterday, the DSW I was in didn't have enough shoe trees for me.  I had to go to a different one to pick up another pair today.  I originally asked my boss if he had an extra pair, and he told me that he didn't use them.

"You know that they're pretty much essential, right?  They draw out the moisture and return the shape to the shoe, elongating the life of the shoe." I say to him

"Yeah, but I just never liked them."

Blasphemy from a man who knows how to dress.  Blasphemy, I tell you!

By the way, ALWAYS make sure you have enough shoe trees for each of your shoes.  Other than the 2 benefits I mentioned before, it keeps the shoe smelling quite nice.  I actually like the smell of cedar, so take that as you will.

Today's task, on the continuation of this, was to ask a girl out.  As I don't have any prospects right now, I'm taking a rain check on this one.  But once I find a girl that piques my interest, I'm going to jump on the ask-out train.

I, for the first time, was able to fix not one, but TWO buttons on my one suit.  The top jacket button had fallen off, and the pants button was just about there.  I know you're thinking "big deal", but I'm pretty happy I was able to do this on my own.  I also have a ripped seam in my other suit, and I was going to attempt to fix it.  However, I had a quick realization that I'm neither a tailor nor a seamstress.  I'm taking it to the dry cleaners tomorrow.  They'll fix and clean it for less than $20.  That's worth the cost.  And it needs to be cleaned anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment