Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rant

NSFM

Tonight is a gripe night.  Deal with it.

On the way home from work tonight, I rediscovered something: when it starts to rain, people forget how to drive.  I mean, really.  The road is just a little wet.  Why is traffic delayed 30 FUCKING minutes because two people freak out.

I get it.  Slow down.  Drive safe, and all at that stuff.  But, really.  There's no need to do 20 in a 55.  The rain really isn't that bad.  It's not going to kill you.  In fact, the slower you go, the worse it is.  Your tires can't get traction if you go that slow.  If you don't believe me, watch the episode of Top Gear where Richard drives a Grand Prix car.  I'm not saying that we're driving Grand Prix cars out there, but logic will dictate that you need to have some speed to get where you need to go safely and efficiently.

And that leads me to the other part: double parkers.  Don't be lazy.  Park your car, then do what you need to do.  Stopping in the middle of the road and throwing your hazard flashers on does NOT excuse the fact that you're a lazy asshole that can't park his car.  I passed 2 people tonight that double parked next to absolute NOTHING.  I mean, seriously.  Pull up to the curb and don't disrespect the rest of humanity by blocking their way.

Anyway, end rant.  I shall be busy tomorrow night helping my friend Kevin in planning for his meeting.  Synopsis to follow tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment