Sunday, March 7, 2010

The (Lack of a) Love Life

Yep, that's right. We're diving in, head first, into one of the biggest issues that's plagued me throughout my I-like-girls days. So, where do I start?

Let's start with my "type". I don't really have one. I do prefer girls that are younger than I (legal, however. Anything younger is just... Gross.). I also prefer girls of Italian descent. Other than that, I'm not too picky. However, none of the girls that I have officially dated (meaning had titles) have fit more than one of the criteria, which would be the age thing. Want the list? Here it goes, and how long I dated them for:
Shannon, 36 hours
Caitlyn, 3 months
Angela, 3 months

And that's it. No more than 3, a total of 6 months and change of relationship there. The worst part? Shannon's married and Caitlyn's engaged. That's right. 2 of my ex's, both of which are younger than me, are both settled down, for the most part. What does this to for me? Depresses me, if you must ask. Not too bad, however. And one of those break-ups is the only regret in my life.

With all three, the start of the relationship was my choice, but not really. With Shannon, we just hung out a lot, and it led to the titles. I broke that one off for selfish reasons, and I'm pretty sure she knows that (I have apologized to her for it.). With Caitlyn, it was by complete accident. The day I met her, I didn't even talk to her until way late in the night, and ended up falling asleep in the same bed as her (nothing happened, at all.) A few weeks passed, and we decided to drop titles on the relationship. With Angela, she made all the moves on me. I don't complain about it. But that whole relationship was driven by her.

So why has my love life panned out this way? Because of my approach to it. Everyone has an approach, whether they choose to put it out there or not. Here's mine: I pick a girl that seems to have interest, but actually doesn't, or at least I think she doesn't. Then, instead of making a move, I just decide to talk my way out of making an approach, thus missing out on any chance of dating, well, anyone.

Yeah, my love life sucks. I'll find someone, but just wanted to get that off my chest.

C.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment