Friday, March 26, 2010

Closure, Mostly

I entitled this "closure", because that's what I've been doing mostly lately. At work. Closing. That means out at 10, come home, be bored, back in at 12 or 2 or whatever. But, yeah. It's kept me busy.

On the note of working, my sister and I had a "conversation" at work on Thursday. And by "conversation", I only understood what she was saying. It was crystal clear in my head, but Erika (one of the women we work with) kept asking "you actually understood that?" And, yes, I did. However, I don't remember exactly what we were talking about, so it's not like it matters all that much.

I've also decided that, starting with my first shipment (if you want more details, I can provide), I'm going to be living a cleaner, greener lifestyle. I gave up energy drinks for Lent, mostly because of the crap that's in them (high fructose corn syrup and guarana for starters). I have found one that has none of that crap, less caffeine, and no carbs, so I'm back off the wagon. Or is it on the wagon? I can never keep that straight. Any way, I'm also getting green products, which is the current term for bio-degradable. I would have said that this started earlier, but I had a strawberry soda from WaWa today. Those things are delicious, but after the water, the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup. It's like diesel fuel that just rots away your arteries. I'm done with that stuff.

I called out my bartender the other night for liking to get me drunk. And, as it turns out, I'm in an exclusive club of about 10 people, the ones that she really likes. I'm not complaining, as this turns into a cheaper night, but it's a brutal night when you have to nurse Molson products for 3 hours.

And, lastly, the Florida counter is at 11 days. I need to get out of the Commonwealth.

C.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment